Board of Trustees
Vermont Legal Aid is guided by an outstanding and diverse board of trustees with a strong commitment to expanding fairness and justice in the civil legal system.
Our board members include former clients, community and business leaders, and members of the private bar, as well as a staff representative. The VLA board members are:
- Erin Jacobsen, Esq., Attorney Trustee, Interim President and Vice President
- Chace Jennings, Client Trustee
- Peter Kunin, Esq., Attorney Trustee
- Jill Martin Diaz, Esq., Attorney Trustee
- Jessica A. Oski, Esq., Attorney Trustee
- Olivia Smith-Hammond, Client Trustee
- Bessie Weiss, Esq., Attorney Trustee, Treasurer and Secretary
- Dinah Yessne, Esq., Community Trustee
- Kelli Kazmarski, Esq., Staff Representative
Board meetings are open to the public
The next meetings are:
Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 4:30-7 p.m. Read the agenda (PDF).
Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 4:30-7p.m.
For information about how to attend the next meeting, please call (802) 863-5620 and ask for the executive assistant.
Agendas and Minutes from previous meetings are available on request. To request minutes, please call (802) 863-5620 and ask for the executive assistant.
Volunteer Trustee openings!
We have openings for 5 Trustee positions:
- 2 Attorney Member Vacancies
- 2 Community Member Vacancies
- 1 Client Member Vacancy
Please see the trustee descriptions and information on how to apply by December 8, 2023.