Vermont Legal Aid has reopened its search for a full-time IT and Network Systems Administrator. Vermont Legal Aid is a non-profit law firm providing legal services to low-income Vermonters in five offices across VT. Three years of network experience in a Microsoft Windows environment and bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent education and relevant experience is required. The ideal candidate would have experience with Azure, Active Directory, Exchange Online, Office365, IP telephony, LAN/WAN, server and WS management (hardware and software), as well as providing help desk support to staff. Familiarity with case management systems (SaaS and proprietary), social media platforms, mobile devices, cloud migration, and cybersecurity are a plus. Applicants must have clear oral and written communication skills, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a small IT team. In-state travel (vehicle required), some evening and/or weekend work, and the ability to occasionally lift and move up to fifty pounds is required.
We are committed to building a diverse, social justice-oriented staff, and encourage applicants from a broad range of backgrounds. We welcome information about how your experience can contribute to serving our diverse client communities. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a discrimination and harassment-free workplace.
Salary is $61,610+ depending on experience, plus 4 weeks paid vacation and other excellent benefits. Application deadline is October 22nd, 2021. Please send cover letter, resume, and a list of contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org as a single PDF with “IT Administrator” in the subject line. Please let us know how you heard about this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including but not limited to servers, PCs, operating systems, telecommunications infrastructure, software applications, and peripherals.
- Work with advocacy staff to develop strategies and plans to use technology to enhance client services, improve user effectiveness and security, and foster innovation.
- Provide basic support to staff to assist in connecting their personal devices to the VLA network via Citrix and ActiveSync. Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Assist with systems development and enhancement and the integration of new systems with existing systems. Keep current with the latest technology developments and assist in determining what and when new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
- Support the development of standard operating procedures, best practices, knowledge base articles, and other written documentation to IT staff and to end-users.
- Support the VLA’s overall mission and follow all relevant standards, policies, procedures, and confidentiality guidelines.
- Help with the development of in-house software systems including QA, bug testing, project planning, versioning control, documentation, and deployment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent education and relevant experience.
- Three or more years of IT experience, including experience in a multi-office environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server Active Directory, Exchange, MS SQL, Citrix, IP telephony, local and wide area networking, server and workstation management (hardware and software) preferred.
- IT Help Desk or equivalent experience.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products, and to take initiative in the development and completion of projects.
- Experience in working with non-profits and/or legal services organizations preferred.
- In-state travel (vehicle required), some evening and/or weekend work, and the ability to occasionally lift and move up to fifty pounds is required.
- The position is Exempt and requires a willingness to work the amount of time necessary to carry out the duties of the position.
- Commitment to social justice and/or a comparable life experience
- Placed on a salary scale equivalent to the Attorney Scale, plus credit for prior relevant experience.
Application Submission Instructions
Your application should include the following components, in order, sent as a single PDF. Applications must be emailed with the subject line “IT Administrator”
1. Cover Letter
Your cover letter should address how you believe your knowledge, training and experience prepare you for success in this position.
2. Current Resume
Please provide the phone numbers and email addresses of three academic or professional references.