Contact the Health Care Ombudsman
at 1-800-917-7787 or visit our website at vtlawhelp.org/health.
The Office of Health Care Ombudsman provides help to Vermonters that have problems and questions about health care and health insurance through a telephone hotline service. The HCO represents the interests of all Vermont consumers of health care in the Legislature and before state agencies.
- Any Vermont resident with a problem concerning health care, or health insurance is eligible.
- There are no income eligibility guidelines.
- Service is provided across the state from our Burlington office
Areas We Can Help With:
Offer advice, information, referrals or direct assistance with:
- Access to care
- Health care reform
- Vermont Health Connect
- Eligibility for state programs
- Dr. Dynasaur
- Catamount Health, VHAP, VPharm
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Commercial Insurance
- Billing issues
- Claim Denials