Contact the Office of the
Health Care Advocate
For information about health care topics,
including Vermont's rate review process and
other policy information, visit our website
The Office of the Health Care Advocate (HCA) provides help to Vermonters that have problems and questions about health care and health insurance through a telephone hotline service. The HCA represents the interests of all Vermont consumers of health care in the Legislature and before state agencies.
Click these links to see these HCA documents:
- Any Vermont resident with a problem concerning health care, or health insurance is eligible.
- There are no income eligibility guidelines.
- Service is provided across the state from our Burlington office
Areas We Can Help With:
We offer advice, information, referrals or direct assistance with:
- Access to care
- Health care reform
- Vermont Health Connect
- Eligibility for state programs
- Green Mountain Care (Dr. Dynasaur, Medicaid)
- Prescription drug coverage
- Commercial insurance
- Billing issues
- Claim denials