Contact the Health Care Advocate
or visit our website at vtlawhelp.org/health.
The Office of Health Care Advocate (HCA) provides help to Vermonters that have problems and questions about health care and health insurance through a telephone hotline service. The HCA represents the interests of all Vermont consumers of health care in the Legislature and before state agencies.
- Any Vermont resident with a problem concerning health care, or health insurance is eligible.
- There are no income eligibility guidelines.
- Service is provided across the state from our Burlington office
Areas We Can Help With:
Offer advice, information, referrals or direct assistance with:
- Access to care
- Health care reform
- Vermont Health Connect
- Eligibility for state programs
- Green Mountain Care (Dr. Dynasaur, Medicaid)
- Prescription drug coverage
- Commercial insurance
- Billing issues
- Claim denials