The Elder Law Project consists of the Senior Citizens Law Project (SCLP) and the Medicare Advocacy Project (MAP), and focuses on the legal needs and problems of seniors. The project provides a full range of legal services including advice, assistance with documents, and representation.
The SCLP represents seniors on legal and policy matters with the State government and with the Legislature.
- The SCLP represents seniors 60 and over. The project serves all of Vermont, except in Caledonia, Essex and Orleans counties
- Eligibility for SCLP is not restricted by income level, but case priority is given to clients in the greatest social and economic need.
- MAP represents Medicaid beneficiaries in Medicare appeals after referral by the State of Vermont.
- MAP does not offer direct client intake
Areas We Can Help With:
- Medicaid, Medicare and other health care problems
- Long term care, including home care and nursing home care
- Housing problems and eviction defense
- Consumer problems
- Powers of Attorney and Advance Directives
- Abuse and exploitation
- Medicare Appeals concerning;
- Home health services
- Durable medical equipment
- Nursing care
- Prescription drug coverage