The Disability Law Project represents Vermonters with disabilities in a wide range of civil legal problems related to their disability. The project provides counsel and advice, brief service, and full representation to eligible clients and their family members.
The DLP also engages in public policy advocacy to protect and expand the rights of Vermonters with disabilities.
*Individuals with mental illness needing general legal help should contact Disability Rights Vermont at 800-834-7890. www.disabilityrightsvt.org
- The project represents Vermonters with developmental or physical disabilities in cases involving their disability.
- Eligibility for DLP services is not restricted by income level.
- The DLP also represents children with mental health problems in some proceedings.
Areas We Can Help With:
- Special Education
- Access to health care
- Access to assistive technology
- Disability based discrimination in employment, housing and public accommodations
- SSI/SSDI terminations based on disability
- Access to developmental services
- Abuse, neglect and exploitation
- Accessible transportation
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Issues related to being a victim of crime