The Disability Law Project (DLP) represents people with civil legal problems related to their disability. We provide a range of services from brief counsel and advice to full representation to eligible clients and their family members.
Legal issues we assist with include:
- access to special education, health care, developmental services, assistive technology, and accessible transportation
- disability-based discrimination in employment, housing, and public accommodations
- children’s SSI terminations based on disability
- abuse, neglect and exploitation
- issues related to being a victim of crime with a disability
The DLP represents children with a mental health diagnosis in some proceedings including special education and access to mental health treatment and services. In most cases, we refer adults with a mental health diagnosis to Disability Rights Vermont.
We also engage in public policy advocacy to protect and expand the rights of all Vermonters with disabilities.